Are Gabapentin, Lyrica, and Duloxetine only treat current symptoms or also prevent further nerve damage?
not considered habit forming medication
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
All three can cause drowsiness , fatigue and low energy. There are also additional side effects that may or may not occur.
Side effects do not occur in all persons
Gabapentin can also cause additional effects including-dizziness, loss of balance, tremor, double vision.
Lyrica can cause dizziness, loss of balance,weight gain, tremor, blurred or double vision.
Duloxetine can cause nausea, headache, dry mouth, difficulty sleeping.
They do not prevent further damage but decrease the symptoms that occur because of the damage that is already there. They treat the current symptoms.
They are not considered habit forming medications.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nerve damage in arm symptoms
- Abdominal nerve damage symptoms
- Symptoms of spinal nerve damage
- Optic nerve damage symptoms
- Saphenous nerve damage symptoms
- Bladder nerve damage symptoms
- Hernia nerve damage symptoms
- Phrenic nerve damage symptoms
- Ulnar nerve damage symptoms
- Symptoms of auditory nerve damage
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?