Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Allergic to food and have ulcerative collitis. Will it be cured by operation?

Answered by
Dr. Ratnakar Kini


Practicing since :1996

Answered : 1873 Questions

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hello,
my brother is a patient of ulcerative collitis and allergic to most of the food items we use in our daily life like dairy items, tomato, onion, wheat. For a long period of time he has been suffering with anus issues like fissure or festula. No medicine has been able to help him so far who is facing a diarrhea like situation every day. Many consultants have suggested an operation to cure his fissure issue, but he is unsure of the results and not in favour of it. Can you suggest a good treatment which will help him get a sure shot cure for both the diseases. He is 26 years of age and an active student of management. Thanks Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I am pleased to answer your query.
I would like to know about the following before I can give my opinion.

1. Is he having Crohn's Disease or ulcerative colitis?
2. What tests have been done so far?
3. What medications is he on?

Kindly get back to me with the answers and I would give my opinion.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Ulcerative colitis

doctor1 MD

! am a 48 year old male with a diagnosis of ulcerative colitis. I have this condition since i was 22years old. My medication was changed fro pentasa almost 5 years ago to mercaptopurine 50mg once daily. Since commencing this medication i have notice a recurring itch under the foreskin with red blotches and unpleasant smell. On occasions there is a build up of a wax type subtance. I am concerned about this condition which i have had for almost 3 years now. I have suspected candida balicans, however i am uncertain.

doctor1 MD

hi i am a patient of ulcerative colitis and has suffered a relapse so was on steorids due to which i have terrible hair loss somebody has precribed keraglo forte how effective is the tablet to control hair loss and stop greying of hair?i am 33years old

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am a 20 year old male. When I was 17 I was diagnosed with ulceratice colitis(due to blood in the stool and inflammed colon about 2 inches above rectum). The symptoms lasted about 3 weeks. Well sonce then I have had no symptoms or no medication. Could this have been misdiagnosed?

doctor1 MD

My name is Ben and i have ulcerative colitis and i m taking apriso. 4 tablets a day. seems to be working but i have a moderate to severe burning gas like pain in my stomach when i take it. Should i continue taking 4 tomorrow morning or go down to only taking one to see what happens?

doctor1 MD

blood from rectum when I have bowel movement (frequent) bright red probably not over 3 tbsp. but quite a lot more than I've ever seen from hemorrhoids in the past

doctor1 MD

Seeing Bright red blood in toilet after bowel movement, also passing gas during the day.

doctor1 MD

When I poop lately I have cramping and have even thrown up leaving me exhausted