Accidentally took 2 allegra. Started getting dryness in nose and mouth. Will this cause any complication?

Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I accidentally took 2 allegra 10 minutes apart. I forgot I took the first one. My mouth is very dry. nose too. Is it XXXXXXX and what should I do? It is allegra 24 hours by the way. And that was 3 hours ago.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

There is no harm if two tablets of fexofenadine (Allegra) are taken together. But, as you mentioned there will some side effects such as dryness of the nasal and oral mucosa, dizziness and nasal crusting.

Do not worry! You need to drink plenty of water, to keep the mucosa moist. Also, avoid taking Fexofenadine tomorrow. You can continue the same from 3rd day onward.

Hope this answers your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon