A small patch of hives have appeared on my arm
Can you send me picture?
Thanks for your question on Ask a doctor forum.
I can understand your concern.
It is normal to have small area of Redness or rash like (hive) area after any injection including flu vaccine.
So no need to worry much.
This will gradually subside in 1-2 weeks time.
If it is slightly painful or Itchy then you can apply ice packs.
Yes, you can definitely get flu shots in the future. This small hive is not an Contraindication for future flu shots.
Please send me image of your hive so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?