Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

8 months child having bruise with a lump on her cheek. What can i do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 474 Questions
My child is 8 months old next week & has a bruise with a lump under it on her cheek. It has been there for over 3 months what can I do?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 52 minutes later

Thanks for the query. I would be pleased to answer your question.

If there has been a chronic lump with bruise which has not healed, I would suggest that you should take him to the Pediatrician. You should get an Ultrasonography of the lump done to rule out conditions like hematoma, hemangioma, bruised lipoma, child abuse, etc.

You will need to take the baby to the Pediatrician and also inform the social services who would be able to help you further.

Let me know if you need any more information on this topic.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor