Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

7 year child having loose skin on scrotum. Corrective surgery done or penile adhesions. What are the risks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
my 7 year old son has very loose and sagging skin making up his scrotum. he had corrective surgery 1 yr ago for penile adhesions (i am assuming due to an incomplete circumcision). are the two related? will the scrotum fill out? he is beginning to ask questions as he "compares" himself to his younger brother.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
After surgery for incomplete circumcision, usually there will be some difference when compared to the non-operated child.
I can understand better if i can see some photos of the same.
It is difficult to say, without physical examination, if it is just the minor change due to the procedure itself, or the scrotal skin is abnormal.
A urologist, pediatric surgeon or a plastic surgeon would be best people to consult, examine and do the needful.
Hope this answers your query.
Kindly write back for doubts if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor