47 yr old wife w numbness/ tingling feet/hands for days.tonight
Most likely nutritional deficiency.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.
I have noted your wife's clinical details. Based on this, she has features of mild peripheral neuropathy (where the nerves in the skin get affected). The most likely underlying cause could be nutritional deficiency such as vitamin B12 or thiamine deficiency. It would be useful to start vitamin supplements for her.
Watch for worsening or numbness or occurrence of any weakness. If that happens, she would require evaluation to exclude other more serious causes of neuropathy.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does the EEG and MRI reports suggest?
- What causes fatigue with tingling and tremors in body?
- Suggest treatment for headache with back pain
- Suggest treatment for constant vertigo
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the right portion of body
- What causes constant headaches?
- Does PET-CT scan help identify cognitive dsyfunction?
- Suggest treatment for extensive white matter damage in brain
- Suggest treatment for migrane
- What does these EEG reports indicate?