3 1/2 years ago I had MRSA with necrotizing fasciitis

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 12 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: 3 1/2 years ago I had MRSA with necrotizing fasciitis in my groin area. I was left with my right labia majora. Everything else Is open. The surgery included the removal of the lower portion of my left butt cheek, my spinchter muscle, my perineal tissue and the top of my left, inner thigh. I have since become incontinant and no form of protection works to contain urine or feces. I can’t be the only person with this problem! Do you know of any products or techniques that may help with my problem.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can use catheter and colostomy bag.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and understand your concern.
If you are having incontinence of urine and faeces ,you must go for catheterization and for faecal incontinence, we can use colostomy bag.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy