Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

27 year old. Can I use step up powder to increase height?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
hi im 27 and my height is 5.6 , i want to grow a height of 5' 10" can i use step up powder or can u please suggest any other medicine for height growth without side effects. and is there possibility for growing taller at this age???

Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
First, it is impossible to grow taller at this age beacise your bone gwowth was over few years ago. There is no any possibility for that and dont trust various fake advices from the internet. If you have some spine abormalitis then fixing postural or spinal problems can result to a substantial increase in your height,but it isnt a real growth.
Secondly the best way to gain weight is by natural methods, eat a lkot of protein based food,meat,milk products in combination with healthy carbohydrates.50-60% of your diet shou─Źd be carbohydrates,30%proteins and 10-20 fats.
Other options are step up powders and protein shakes, it may be helpful but you cannot live on that. Also it should be combined with exercise so you it will be incorporated into your muscles. Also to say that the most important meal is breakfast,dont skip breakfast and try to eat as much as you can in the moring beacuse your stomach will adjust then and you ll have much more balanced apetite during the day.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor