Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

23 years old. Suggest some methods and diet to increase height

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
hello doctor,
I am XXXXXXX I am 23 year old male. my height is 5.7 and weight is 66 kg. i wanna increase my height by 2 more inches.
like i wanna be 5.10 . will u please suggest me some other methods to increase my height other than eating chicken or vegetables or fish or egg because i have tried everything.

regards XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 57 minutes later
Hi,welcome XXXXXXX and Thanks for writing in.
I want to tell you some real fact.
First you are in Indian continent, where average height is between 5.5 to 6 feet.
Secondly increase in height is depends on fusion of epiphysis. Epiphysis is active growth plate of long bone or you can call it as growing end of bone. Each bone has different time of fusion of epiphysis. On an average long bone fuses between 20 to 22 years.

Now in your case you are alredy achieved average height and also your age is 23 years. So if epihysis are still open your height will autimatically increase by 1 to 2 inches.
There is no use of any medication or food or supplements whether commercial or medical at this age. So dont waste your energy on the same.

Hope I have answered your query, If you have further concern please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor