when will I experience my quickening movements ?

I am primi gravida (19 weeks) when will I experience my quickening movements
Asked On : Wed, 12 Jan 2011
In most patients 'quickening' is seen from the 5th month onwards.However,in primis sometimes the fetal movements may be realised a bit later just because its an unknown sensation and some women may not pick up on it.However,the average time is 20 weeks onwards.You should be able to feel them in the next couple of weeks.
OBGYN Dr. Kalyan Datta's  Response
If you are thinly built and staying in a quiet household, give it another week or two. If your pregnancy is going on smoothly and baby is growing normally quickening will also come soon. The movements will be weakly felt, like a butterfly in your lower tummy.