i have some questions about having first time period

i just had my period for the first time and im freaking out! what should i do? how long does it last? when does it come and go away? how often do i change the pad? HeLp!! my mom isnt around retard will u stop telling me to tell my mom?!? shes not around and it not any of ur business why
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
ok dear, this is something you should make sure you talk to your parents about. Im not gonna say ask your mom you rtard cause maybe you dont have a mom. but its easy info to find. dont freak out. It varies on person to person. It can last from 3 days to a week. if i lasts longer at first dont freak out your still getting regulated. it should come once a month and after a couple rounds of having your period youll start to regulate and mark on your calendar when it will be coming and going. And as far as how often to change your pad. well if its heavy bleeding you may have to change it quite often. dont ever keep the same pad on for too long even if it looks somewhat clean. it can cause infections your not gonna want. when it starts to look quite used up change it out. :) hope this helps, you can also find more info on this easily on any search engine and books upon books in libraries. good luck and dont stress, its all natural.