decdan injection for child birth 30 in advance, advice

Actual delivery date of my wife April 11, due to the big problem we are force to do the surgery in 30 days advance and our doctor say to take decdan injection for 3 days to help baby. will you pls advice, what advantage will get for baby
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM.
Because you are planning an early delivery, it is important to ensure safety and well being of the child post birth. Steroid injections rae a common and safe method to ensure lung maturity, so that an early born baby does not have breathing troubles due to immature lungs.
So, it is best to go by your doctor's advice.
Take care..