Yellowish vaginal discharge

Hi, for the past few days, I ve been having a yellowish discharge that smells like vinegar, and there s been a lot of itching down there, what can it be?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Welcome to health care magic
Vaginal discharge can be due to many causes STD,viral ,infection of bacterial yeast or fungal. so get it properly investigated & treated.So take vaginal pessary & a course of antibiotics after consultation with gynec.It depends on type of infection
wish you discharge free healthy life
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. The vaginal discharge(yellow in color) could be due to some infection like Trichomoniasis, Chlamydia,Genital herpes, other sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea .There could be pelvic inflamatory disease too. So you need to consult a gynaec and get an ultrasounnd done initially. Take care.