X-ray shows enlargement of left hilum concerning for lymphadenopathy. What does it mean?

The radiologist report on the X-rays says : Chest pain: exclude pneumonia or clot.Findings:heart size and pulmonary vascularity are normal.There is enlargement of the left hilum concerning for lymphadenopathy .Elsewhere the lung fields are clear.Follow-up with CT scan is recommended . Please tell me what this means, beacuse the doctor at walk-in clinic made me think at malign reasons of this enlargement.I cannot get a CT scan right away as I m still breastfeeding my baby and I requested a referral for MRI, but the doctor was concerned it will take too long until I ll get an appointment there... The X-rays the took in the same day at a different hospital looked good (as the doctor mentioned), but I m still waiting for the report. Please tell me what you think as I m quite scared. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012