X-ray shows degenerative change with anterior osteophytes at C5-C6. What does this mean?

I just recieved my x-ray results and am having a hard time understanding them. Findings: Four views of the cervical spine are provided. There is straightening of the cervical lordosis . Anterior osteophytes are present at C5-C6. No fracture is evident. No destructive lesion is noted. Impression: Degenerative change with anterior osteophytes at C5-C6 Could you please help me to understand these results? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012