Wooden barstool fell smack in middle of my right foot. Haven't taken any medicine for the swelling or pain

the seat of a wooden barstool fell on me at wal mart.. 1 week ago. top of foot still swollen and in pain The seat part of a wooden barstool fell smack in middle of my right foot. ooh the pain. and within seconds a huge ball formed and it hurt to walk. it has been over a week and pain still there and foot still swollen. i walk on it at work (of course) (figured thats my free physical therapy )and at home I elevate my foot above my shoulder level with pillows and i even tried applying a bandage wrap to force some of the swelling down and always put plenty of ice on foot. Haven t taken any meds for the swelling or pain. My veins in my foot feel enlarged and hurt alot. What to do????
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011