Wisdom teeth removed, lingering numbness on the bottom lip, chin , gum. Is it a permanent damage?

Hi there, I had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed 12 days ago and although the left side seems to be recovering well, there is a lingering numbness on the bottom lip, chin , gum and teeth on the right side, presumably caused by damage to the inferior anveolar nerve of the mandibular? I understand that in some cases nerve damage can take several months to heal, or it may in fact be permanent damage. At this stage is there anything to do to lessen the possibility of longer term damage, and how to tell whether or not it is permanent damage? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013