Will norethisterone work if taken when periods start?

Hello I am due to go on holiday on the 10th August. I am due to come on my period on the 11th August. Some doctor has prescribed norethisterone . But I woke up this morning and it looks lime my period is about to start. If u start the tablets now will it stop it or make it stop before I go on holiday. I am usually on for 10 days. Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Hi. it will be better if you stop before going to holidays as you have to start the medicine a few days before and not on the day when your period starts., and continue till you want to postpone it. If you want to stop it now you will have to take a very higher dose.