Why my heart rate is not slowing down so I can sleep ?

why is my heart rate not slowing down so i can sleep? when i lay down to sleep i can feel my heart beating. it isnt racing but it isnt slowing down to rest either. my usual heart rate runs about 65-75 daily. at night my heartrate has been about 75 and doesnt want to low down to its usual of about 55-60 to sleep. this started a week ago . i even eliminated caffine from my diet about a month ago.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
try a meditation exercise when you lay down in bed. try to focus only on your breathing and count 10 inhale/exhale cycles without thinking about anything else. If your thoughts wander to other things, start over again at one. This may relax your body and lower your heart rate. Another technique is to try to relax your body gradually, starting at your toes. focus on letting all muscle control flow out of your toes, so they are completely relaxed. Then move to your feet, then calves, then thighs etc. You should fall asleep before you get to your head.