Why does urine volume reduce when holding it in at night? Can it cause kidney disease?

Hello sir I drink lots of water as i produce lots of sweat same as the urine discharged is also more. I have healthy weight and i don't feel any problem but when i drink lot of water at night before sleep i usually get up once or twice for urination at night sometimes i feel like getting up for urine, due to sleep i will avoid urination though the bladder is full after some time hour or two the quantity of urine produced is less let me know why the quantity of urine is reduced and do i get affected by any kidney diseases.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013