Why does it take so long to get a faint line on a positive pregnancy test ?

Why would it take so long to get a faint line on a positive pregnancy test. my period was supposed to come on the 9th of February, and it wasn t until the 18th I got a faint line on a pregnancy test..very faint I used a very sensitve test to. first last period started on the 8th of January. soo..why would it take so long to get a faint line? and is that ok? and where would that put my due date..since I am assuming you would calcualte it differantly. Thankyou!!
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, if your period missed n strip shows faint positive line ,it indicate you get pregnant. for confirming you should get blood test for pregnancy , consult your doc.