Why do I have heavy menstruation cycles and how can I treat it ?

I m only 22 yrs old and I ve never had a steady period. I think the most periods I ve had in a whole year was about 3 or 4. And every time I get them, I get this sharp pain on my lower left side and my bleeding is always heavy. My doctor put me on Medroxyprogesterone but I never finish taking them because it just made it all worse. But this last time that I had my period (July 23-Aug 2) it was super heavy that I went through 3 tampon boxes, 1 super and 2 super plus. I was having to change like every two hrs. And my pain was so bad that I couldn t even walk, I looked very pale and my heart started to rapidly beat faster, which made me dizzy. Now, everyday since then, at least once a day my heart starts to beat fast out of no where, usually once I get out the shower. Any idea what this could all mean?!?!?!
Asked On : Tue, 9 Aug 2011