Why did my skin turn dry post delivery ?

hi, after giving birth my skin is sooo dry all over my body. tried lotion for weeks and no change, still dry makes me feel 10 years older
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
I have the same thing, and my midwife said it's because my estrogen levels are low after the baby is born. Also, I'm breastfeeding, so she said the estrogen levels will not return to normal until I stop breastfeeding. She said to use lots of lotion, stay hydrated, and try adding flaxseed or foods with omega-3's in my diet.
Dermatologist Dr. M.K.Chhaperwal's  Response
There are physiological changes in the body during pregnancy, changes in the skin are part of these changes which may range from simple dryness to florid eruptions. You may continue with moisturizer lotions two to three times per day. If it is moderately severe then some corticosteroid lotion can be applied with this lotion.