Why am I having throat pain, lots of phlegm with blood and rawness in the throat after taking medicines for tonsillitis ?

I am 18 years old and have had tonsillitis for just over a week. I have been proscribed phenoxymethylpenicillin potassium tablets to be taken 4 times a day for two weeks. The doctor predicted that I would have turned a corner within 24 to 36 hours but this was tuesday (it is now sunday) and I do not feel much, if at all, better. In the last two days I have started to become much more phlegmy and have coughed up balls of phlegm containing a lot of blood whilst the pain at the back of my throat has become more raw. On top of this I have found, couple of times, what i believe to be tonsil stones (tiny white balls of a texture similar to hard cheese) in my mouth. My breath is bad. What should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012