Why am I having delayed periods with pain in my left ovary area and brown spotting ?

I m wondering if I m pregnant . I was ovulating on the 21st of Feb., and I had sex with my partner. My period was late in March, but only lasted for 2 days. I had been feeling like I was pregnant, and it kept worrying me. My doctor put me on birth control because she figured it was PMS. She didn t do a pregnancy test. I m still having symptoms, and recently, I ve been having a pain in my left ovary area, which happened to me when I was pregnant with my first child. I should have got my period, but I ve only had brown spotting for 2 days now. I also have quite a bit of bloating , and my mother questioned me about it, but it doesn t seem to go away in the morning. I just don t know what to think. I m waiting to see my doctor again, but I think I should just buy a pregnancy test so I don t have to wait any longer for answers.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011