Why I am having a swollen lower abdomen and pains after pregnancy ?

I had a baby 12 weeks ago VBAC. About 6 weeks ago I had to go to hospital for alot of bleeding and turned out there was still some afterbirth left, but my doctor said to see if it would naturally go away. 2 weeks ago I went for another ultrasound and it said there was nothing left in my uterus. Last week I was having sharp gas like pains and swollen upper abdomen area. This weeks the abdomin pains have subsided, but now my lower abdomin area is swollen. Any ideas as to what is going on? I am not pregnant and haven t had my first period (other then the heavy bleeding 6 weeks ago from the afterbirth that was still left in my uterus)
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011