Whole body weight on thigh, knee pain, black and blue bruise, knots under skin

A week and a half ago I fell attempting to step off a boat onto the dock. I landed with all my weight on my left thigh on the edge of the wooden dock. Immediate pain , but obviously nothing was broken. I bruised up nice and black and blue. Now that the bruising is almost all gone, there are small knots under the skin in some spots where the bruise well as now my knee has yellow bruising around the outer part of the knee cap (I did not hit my knee though).
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012