White patch after waxing side burns, no skin growth. Are these scars forever ?

Hi, I recently waxed my side burns as I was quite self-conscious about them. I used the ordinary wax strips I used for my legs and arms, and I didn t read the instructions that said not to use on face . So now I m left with a white patch where my side burns used to be. The one on the right is much whiter than the one on the left. It s been 4 days and nothing seems to have changed, the skin hasn t grown back. Are these scars and will they be there forever? Is there anything I can do to make the white patch disappear?I m so worried!! Please help me! Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012