White labia, vaginal pain during intercourse, irritated perineum. Important to postpone intercourse?

HI. the edges of my partners labia are turning white. she has contacted her MD for a referral to a gynochologist to inspect the area. she has also been experiencing a lot of pain inside her vagina during intercourse and has painful irritation of the perenium. she wants to have sex to please me but I am hesitant and more concerned about her pain. Are we on the right track for a solution by going to the gynechologist and is it important to stop sexual intercourse for now?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012