White discharge, occasionally brown, prescribed medicines. Should I abstain from sex until the course completion?

Okay well first i only had white discharge nothing outta place really when it dyed or clothing or pads it was yellowish sometimes brown so i thought the brown was just blood i went to the doctor before coming back to ny to see my boyf and he gave me a prescription for my ph balance and stuff but i shaved after getting to ny wore pad and tampon because my period was so heavy but now its sore and hurting doesnt itch tho its just tender and me and my boyf just had sex also should we stop until i Done taking the pills just un case that is the problem
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Feb 2016
Hi. abstain from sex until alright. and both of you have to take medicines , full course. Get yourself checked by a Gynecologist and blood tests as per Docotr' advise.