1. If she has had a recent hearing loss, especially in her right ear, within the last four to six weeks, medical therapy must be attempted.
2. Get her PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram) and Impedance Audiogram to confirm the type of hearing loss. Conductive hearing loss
can be treated.
3. SSNHL (Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss) is a medical emergency, more so because she has now developed hearing loss in her other ear also. A CT + MRI Scan may be required since her hearing loss is progressive.
4. Treatment for SSNHL includes high dose steroids
, antivirals, carbogen, lomodex, trental
, nootropil, palsinuron, transtympanic steroids, hyperbaric oxygen
5. BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid
) is an option if she does not want to wear hearing aids. Fully implantable hearing aids are also available now.