Which medication should be taken for prolonged abdominal pain with burping ?

hie i am AAAAAAA .how are you?? Most of the times i suffer sewer pain in the center of my stomach and it has been quite long now. Because of that i get embarissing burps.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Mar 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hello. Welcome to HCM.
Severe pain associated with dyspepsia (burps) can be an indication of Helicobacter pylori infection which is very common in India. It is possible that some small ulcer is also present. Sometimes, the muscles of stomach or near gastric inlet may go into spasm.
It will be helpful if you avoid oily and spicy food, take off and on gastric coating syrups which prevent gastric irritation.
however, even after this if your episodes subside and become more frequent, you have to visit gastroenterologist for detailed check up.
take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi, welcome to H.C.M.F, your pain probably is due to worms. there is chance of ulcer, indigestion, or u.t.i, you need to use antelmenthics, antispasmodics , and p.p.i.for recovery, under the guidance of a doctor. thank you.