Where do HIV rash occur ?

Where do acute hiv rash occur on the body ?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
,   ,   ,   ,  
hello Miachel,
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Some people develop red nd spotty raswh soon after infection.
It starts on the upper body also the head and may spread to other parts of the body.
Shingles a kind of infection may lead ti rash in only one side of the body where as infection with Tinea and candesiasis may lead to THRUS-oral infection,it can cause rashes on groins,under the armpits and under the breasts.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
The rashes associated with HIV do not develop due to the infection directly but usually is a result of secondary bacterial infections or viral infections that are seen commonly associated with HIV infection. The rash is commonly generalized in appearance and usually subsides with 1% hydrocortisone ointment locally.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response