What triggers protalgia fugax ?

what triggers protalgia flugax? lying on my back with bend knees will make it subside after 15 to 30 minutes.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
welcome to HCM

proctalgia fugax is an uncontrole spasm or contration of muscles in the rectal area and pelvis the cause is unknown it is not caused by hemorrhoids fissure polyp or rectal condition .
there is no eay to reliabely prevent further attack but i advice you to to take high fiber diet and plenty of fluids helps keep the stool soft and prevent spasm ofte fiber supplement such as metamucil or citrucel is recomended .analegesic and proper hygine care is must.
Proctalgia Fugax is an uncontrolled spasm or contraction of the muscles in the rectal area and pelvis. The cause is not known. It is not caused by hemorrhoids, fissures, polyps, or other rectal conditions.
there is no way to reliably prevent further attacks. but i advice you to take high fiber diet and plenty of fluids helps keep the stools soft and prevents spasm. Often, a fiber supplement such as Metamucil or Citrucel is recommended.and analgesic.and proper hyginic care.
thanks for using HCM
Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
Proctalgia Fugax- Many triggers, some known like defecation, full rectum, sometimes during/after sex. Pain relief techniques are subjective, somefind relief the way you described, some find by lying on abdoment, pressure, sitz bath in hot water, etc.
If its frequent, you can try homeopathy , works wonders for neuralgic pains.
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Hello there,
Welcome to healthcare magic.Are you talking about Proctalgia Fugax? It is said to have caused due to cramp of one of the muscles in that region(pubococcygeus muscle).But there are other reasons too.Sometimes it can occur after an orgasm.No such definite treatment per say, but studies going on like giving nerve blocks, BOTOX, other medications like Calcium channel blockers, benzodiezapines.There are certain relaxation exercises too, like touching the toe.But prior to all these, pl do consult with a general surgeon/ proctologist.