What treatment should one take for epilepsy ?

hi, my father is 57year old & he diagnosed with epilepsy . can anyone provide me proper guidance for this disease
Asked On : Sat, 25 Feb 2012
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for using healthcare

If your father is diagnosed to be suffering from epilepsy he requires medications to control epilepsy and prevent further damage to the brain. Variety of medications are available for treatment of epilepsy. One can choose these medicines depending on the other co-morbidites in your father. Consult your Neurologist for initiation of the medications.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi moni welcome to H.C.M.Forum. at this age epilepsy started means it is secondary to hyper tension, or head injury. if 1 of the two he must be treated for the underlying cause also. if not the drugs should be used continuously for 3 years. for welbeing he should use fruits, and juices. avoid anti histamines, fluro quinolones, and other central stimulant drugs. thank you.