What treatment along with dietary precautions should one take for parotitis ?

Hi I am 32 yrs old male; I am suffering from parotitis ( mumps ) for the past 45 days. One month back I went to a doctor with Jaw pain and swelling , he said I got parotitis and sunmandibular adenitis and prescribed me heavy antibiotics, which made me very weak; and then I consulted another doctor and he said I should not take antibiotics as mumps is a virus infection and since I took heavy antibiotics I got weak, so he asked me to stop the antibiotics and take complete rest and have orange juice. I used to have orange juice regularly (4-5 times per day), but i didnt get cured. Then when I was browsing 2-1/2 weeks back i found citrus fruit will aggravate parotitis (mumps)... and i stopped that also; now I feel the swelling of the salivary glands and pain, and one sided chills and very hard to speak...can anyone give me suggesstions of what to do? thanks in advance...
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012