What should i do in depression ?

i am out of of depression . now, what should i have to do fix up remaining symptoms & to enhance my brain power , capability.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
try do do regular exercise ;meditation ;yoga these will help you increase concentration .slowly but surely in few days you will regain your brain power & capability.If you are still on medicines for depression follow the advice of your treating doctor for dosage of medicine.
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response

If this is your first episode of depression and you are still on antidepressants, the evidence is that you should continue on the thereputic dose for another six months and then stop. This helps to reduce any relapse of the symptoms.

If this was a severe epsiode with risk to your life/others/
If you have strong family hsitory of depression like in your parents/brothers/sisters
If you have ongoing stressors which have caused this depression in the first place

the evidence is that you might have to continue the drugs for longer than 6 months

If this has been a recurrent episode then you might be lookign at long term to help you not have any future episodes.

If you are having any symptoms left over (residual symptoms) then you msut be contacting your treating doctor to see what can be done with that.

The most important things to learn from any episode of these kinds of problems where there is a chance of recurrence is how to prevent future ones/get help fast enough once they re-occur

apart from medicines

you need to be aware of what triggers caused depression, if any, this time and keep a look out for lowering of mood the next time you are going through those triggers, if it is not possible to eliminate them at all.

For ex, drinking alcohol to excess when causes depression should point to the flag which says "DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL" ETC

Hope this helps
i am not taking any treatemant from doctors. doing regular exercise & yoga.but, i want to study 15hrs for 12th exam . suggest me more yoa , maditation , exercise , diets,etc.
Hi Virendra,

Yoga, meditation, exercise these are good choices. I don't understand what more do you want :-)

If you want to study 15hrs a day, sleep about 6 hrs a day (adequate rest is a MUST OR else, your studying for 15hrs will be of no us, is it not?) you have only 3 hrs left to do lot of other things apart from yoga, meditation, exercise etc. So, plan carefully and stick to one or two things and continue doing them throughout. There won't be any benifit form any of these if you do not continue doing them for long so pick and choose only a few and do them thoroughly.