What should be the right treatment for hazy vision and eye problems ?

Dear Doctor , My mother (aged 45) is having trouble with her eyesight since 4-5 days. She is having haziness (dim) in sight. One of her eyes had been diagnosed as largely blind (by birth ) few years back. One ophthalmologist diagnosed that optic nerve of both the eyes has been swollen (or blocked?) due to eye pressure and referred for a laser treatment. When she consulted another specialist she was given New I-site tablets (diatery suppliments of Carotenoids, minerals and vitamins ) and Nepalact (Nepafenac Opthalmic Suspension) eye drops and asked to wait for 20 days to see whether the medicines improve the conditions before going for laser treatment. She was told that conditions could be due to stress or lack of sleep. She complains that her vision get bit cloudier when after putting eye drops. Is it normal? She can only see a person clearly ( facial details) when he is very close. She cannot read books now (she had done it just a week back with her glasses) and can only see big fonds (for example: Newspaper name). She had the problem of swellings below the eyes after being emotional (crying). She can see things more clearly when light is put on or when outdoors. She describes her constant hazy sight as something like the feeling of dim sight when coming indoors after being in bright light. I would be grateful if you could explain this condition. Will she be able to recover from this? Will the tablets and eye drops help? Whether Laser treatment is essential and what are the side effects of it? How effective laser treatment in curing this condition? What she can do to ease her eyes (food, relaxing etc..)? Please help in answering these questions. Thank you zap
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012