What is the relation between microgynon 30 and high blood pressure ?

Hello, I was prescribed microgynon 30 Eight months ago for extremely heavy periods that were irregular (coming every 2 weeks) and severe mood swings. My period has appeared to settle, is more regular and my depression has30 ceased. However, the pill has made my blood pressure high. My doctor says I must stop taking this medication. I am very concerned that things will return to the old ways. I could not go back to such severe bleeding so often, the pain it caused and the feelings I had were terrible. Is there anything else I could be prescribed that would help with these symptoms? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jan 2012