What is the cause of itchy eyes with hard crusty stuff around the corners making me unable to open the eyes ?

Both of my eyes itch and are red and when I wake up I can t open my eyes especially my right eye until I clean all the hard crusty stuff of the eye. My right eye is worse. My right eye itches in the corner closer to the nose and is watery all day with gooey stuff coming out of the left corner of the eye. Is this alergies? What can I do to help relieve this, I am using eye drops for alergies which helps with the itching but nothing else.
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012