What is std and what are the symptoms ?

what is a std? and what are the sythems? how do they look like? and where do you get it? answer asap
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011

Welcome to HealthcareMagic

STD means sexually transmitted disease. Eg. Syphilis, gonorrhea, donovanosis, HIV/HBV, veneral warts, bactrial vaginitis, trichomonal vaginitis etc.

Symptoms more less includes vaginal discharge, itching etc
One may acquire it by Sexual intercourse.

Have a Healthful Day..
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. STDs are sexually transmitted disease and its self explanatory where do they come from which includes vaginal , oral or even anal intercourse.It also includes via needle stick injury.The symptoms for STDs varies depending upon the etiology like they can be of bacterial origin, for eg..Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Chlamydia. Can be viral...Viral hepatitis, HIV, Molluscum contagiosum.If you have a doubt about anything, better not delay. I would suggest you pay visit to a primary care physician, as most of them are treatable, provided diagnosed on time. Get well soon.
General & Family Physician Dr. Akshith's  Response
hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!
STD is SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE, they're diseases that can be transmitted by sexual contact/intercourse.
they could be seen in your genital area, oral cavity in case of oral sex it could be bacterial,viral,fingal and parasitic.
both the partners need to be treated when and if they develop a STD.
Welcome to healthcaremagic forum

STD is SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE, there are a number of illness that can be transmitted by sexual contact/intercourse. They may not always show on skin, symtpoms are different for all of them. For detecing, there are different tests for each one.

To name a few- VIRAL- Herpes , HPV, HIV, Molluscum, hepatitis B.
Bacterial- Clamydia , chancaroid , etc.
Parasitic- Scabies.
Fungal- Tenia, Candida infections, etc.

If someone thinks , he/she has been exposed to any , then visit to a physician and some tests , adviced by they doctor should be done.

For further queries-