What is TSH ? Is it related to leukoderma ?

Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
TSH- THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE is a Thyroid function test.

It is the most important single test to monitor thyroid hormone replacement therapy. A normal TSH excludes thyroid disease. It is low in Hyperthyroidism and high in Hypothyroidism.

Detected by immunoassay method , its normal range in adults is 0.5 to 5.0mU/L.

Since thyroid illnesses have an autoimmune basis, leucoderma can be associated with it.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. TSH is Thyroid Stimulating hormone, and in many cases, the complications of vitiligo/leukoderma are associated with an autoimmune complication affecting the thyroid and often lead to diagnosis of a thyroid disorder.
2. according to the Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism:Prevalence of vitiligo among patients with hypothyroidism is significantly higher compared with general population.
Homeopath Dr. Sajiv Srivastava's  Response
Hi,Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You may cure leucoderma with homeopathic medicine.
Leucoderma is a condition involving loss of pigmentation of skin.In Thyroid disease occurrence of this condition .It may be associated with Thyroid disease.
Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

Leucoderma is an autoimmune illness. Other autoimmune illness like autoimmune thyroiditis leading to hypothyroid (indicated by high TSH) can be associated with it.

for further queries-
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response
Gretings from health care magic
high TSH level could be due to auto imune thyroiditis. Leucoderma also an auto imune disorder. your immunity is not functioning in a healthy way thats why you are getting many auto immune disorders. but high TSH is not the cause of your leucoderma or not related to your leucoderma. Your auto imune disorders are related to your leucoderma and high TSH .
thank you
Hi dear
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Leukoderma is a condition involving discoloration of skin , more precisely loss of pigmentation.There are studies to support occurrence of this condition in Thyroid disease.It is associated with Thyroid disease.