What could be the cause of redness and stickiness on the eye lashes on waking up ?

After swimming in a pool,, where the water looked bit cloudy so i didn t put my head under it,, my eyes got red and in the morning there was gunk and stickiness around my eyelashes along with redness .. i had worn contact lenes also.. I applied some antibacterial eye drops and didn t wear my contact lenses for 3 days and the redness started to go away.... so i started to use my contact lenses for daytime use again and i woke up with redness and gunk around my eyelashes again.... Whats the cause of this infection...??? Whats the best medication for this... im putting in amino glyricocide solution... thank you
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012