What could be the cause of my late period but had brownish spotting and grey tissue like discharge followed by bad cramps and back pain ?

hello ive had my tubes tied 3 years ago and i am 22 days late for my period but about 3 weeks ago i had really light spotting that was brownish and also had a grey tissue like discharge. ive had bad cramps and back pain ... Ive taken a pregnancy test and it was negative. What could be the cause? how many missed periods before i should see a doctor? im normally very very regular.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011