What causes penis size reduction ?

WHAT CAUSE HUMAN PENIS REDUCTION
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011

Hi Gbemisola.

Thank for your question.

A penis can’t physically shrink. There are no disease in which a penis growing smaller. Because the center of a man’s existence is their penis, every little change has the potential of being turned into a big problem. It is not only a matter of pleasing a woman, but a question of self-esteem.so due to excessive thinking this problem occur.

But remember there are psychiatric disorders named as koro where patient think his penis become smaller and smaller and go inside the abdomen that type need psychiatric treatment.

Best wishes
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Mayank Singh's  Response
There are many myths regarding penis shrinking and many men wonder if it’s true that their penises can shrink with age. Experts will advise you not to worry: the shrinking of the penis is only a matter of perception.
A penis can’t physically shrink. There is no diagnosed disease that specialists have discovered that can be associated with a penis growing smaller. Because the center of a man’s existence is their penis, every little change has the potential of being turned into a big problem. It is not only a matter of pleasing a woman, but a question of self-esteem.
What men describe as shrinking is really nothing more than gaining weight at the base of the penis. So next time you wonder can your penis shrink, think about how much exercise have you done lately. The majority of men put weight around the middles and the pubic mound begins to cover the base. The shrinking penis can occur because you are not as in shape as you used to be and you lost your muscle fitness. Of course this weight gaining can be caused by an unhealthy, rich in fat diet or it can happen with old age. The treatment is losing weight, but if the problem persists and affects your sexual life, try visiting a plastic surgeon. If you are healthy enough and aren’t predisposed to other illnesses, he could perform a liposuction at the base of your penis. But this can be done only if you have something abnormal.
Another surgical way to increase the size is by a suspensory ligament release surgery.But before this you need to consult a plastic surgeon or a urosurgeon
I hope i have answered to all your doubts
If you have any more queries kindly post again
God Bless
Anesthesiologist Dr. Neetika Soni's  Response
hi,
welcome to health care magic,
the cause can be genetic or an abnormal development process but that needs examination by a surgeon,if it can be corrected surgically.so you better consult a surgeon.