What causes bartholin's cyst and can bartholin's gland be removed to prevent reoccurence of these cysts ?

I had a Bartholins cyst and i went to the gyn. today to have it drained. This is the 4th time Ive had it. Every time it hurts like hell and i cant walk or sit down. The first three rimes they drained it it was more pus than blood but this time it was mostly blood. Is there supposed to be so much blood? They put a catheter in to let it drain. Again the first 3 times when they cut it was instant relief but this time it still hurt after. Could it be because its still swollen? I always get it around the time i get my period. So can that have anything to do with it? Can my Bartholin s gland be taken out to prevent this from happening? Is there a way to prevent it? By the way I m 17 years old and this interferes with everything especially school because i have to miss so many days. Please help i don t want this to happen to me anymore.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011