What causes ankle pain and swelling and how is it treated ?

I am a 45 year old lady. While walking my ankle pains and swells very much my right anlke.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
First check BUL,Rh factor.It may also be related with blood digestion what ayurveda says/vatarakta(rhumatoid arthritis).Apply castor oil on painful part,internal use is also recomanded(gandharvaharitaki churna).Yograj guggule+rasnadi kadda is also helpful.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Pain in ankle can be attributed to number of factors it can be result of recent or old injury or sprain or due to serum uric acid or RA factor and so on. Treatment is of two types local and internal. Application of local analgesics and crepe bandage gives good relief you can apply myostaal oint. if pain persists then treatment is the eradication of cause after proper diagnosis . relief to pain can be offered with tab. R compound.