What can be the breaking type of sound that I hear in my knee while I stand or sit ?

Hi, Am 23 year old from tamilnadu and my weighy is approximately 65 kg and my height is 6 to 6.2 am not sure about that. Am having a pain in both of the knees daily, am also hearing some of the breaking sound from knee when i get up from sitting. Also when i was standing if i stood in same place for 5 min means and slightly if i bend my leg some unwanted sound comes. wat is this sound? and pls guide me what should i do?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011