What can I do for genital warts during pregnancy ?

Genital warts during Pregnancy
Asked On : Tue, 18 Oct 2011
Welcome to HCM.
There is no harm in locally cauterizing the wart. But if you are not comfortable with treating wart during pregnancy, you may wait until delivery takes place and if the wart does not subside, you may consider treating it.
If the wart is too large and if there is a possibility of it obstructing vaginal delivery or causing problem at the time of delivery it is advisable that you get it treated now.
Wish you all the best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Get VDRL test done and don't do anything else.Wait for the pregnancy to be over.Many times these warts resolve after pregnancy is over.If these warts persist then you can go for their removal surgically or through cryo surgery or laser therapy.Good luck.